Fri Oct 29
- print friendly
Civil Lawsuit Basics: How to File and Respond to a Complaint
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- By: LA Law Library
LA Law Library
- Community Education/Outreach
A civil lawsuit starts with the filing and service of a written complaint; the defendant must then file an answer or other response. These are called pleadings, and they set the stage for all that comes afterward in the lawsuit. In this class, learn how to prepare, file, serve and respond to civil case pleadings in California state court.
• Is filing a lawsuit a good idea?
• Identifying possible legal theories
• Drafting the complaint
• Service of summons and complaint
• Answers and other responsive pleadings
Mary Garcia, Reference Librarian, LA Law Library (https://www.lalawlibrary.org/)
LA Law LIbrary