Mon Oct 25
- Download to calendar
- print friendly
LIVE ZOOM: Dealing with Medical Debt
- 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: LA Law Library
Los Angeles County Law Library
- Community Education/Outreach
Monday, Oct. 25, 2021|1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
This class will be hosted on ZOOM
---ZOOM INFORMATION WILL BE EMAILED TO REGISTRANTS PRIOR TO CLASS START TIME---
Learn how to address medical debt: deal with collectors, correct billing errors, settle, and consider other options.
As the nation recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, many individuals and families are burdened with medical debt, whether as a direct result of COVID-19 infection or because of loss of income and inability to pay medical bills. In this class, learn your legal rights regarding medical debt, and receive tips and best practices for paying, settling, or otherwise addressing debt owed to medical providers.
• How to prioritize medical bills vs. other types of bills you owe
• What collectors of medical debt can and cannot do, including limits on credit reporting
• When and how to try to settle your medical debt
• Correcting medical billing errors, and protections against "surprise" medical bills
• Is bankruptcy a good option?
Leigh SaldanaLos Angeles County Law Library213-785-2523