Thu Oct 28
- CLE Credit
- Download to calendar
- print friendly
LIVE ZOOM: MCLE: Ethical Issues Working with Pro Bono Clients
- 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: LA Law Library
Los Angeles County Law Library
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
- Pro Bono
This class will be hosted on ZOOM
---ZOOM INFORMATION WILL BE EMAILED TO REGISTRANTS PRIOR TO CLASS START TIME---
Pro bono clients are like any other clients in many ways. But some pro bono clients present ethical issues for attorneys that often differ from those presented by fee-paying or contingent fee clients. Lawyers sometimes face difficult questions about defining who the client is, communication with clients, clients with diminished capacity, conflicts with fee-paying clients, and many others. Representation of nonprofit organizations also can present difficult ethical issues not faced with most for profit organizations.
Among the topics to be addressed are:
• What is pro bono work and how does it differ from other legal representation?
• What ethical issues can arise in representation of pro bono clients?
• How can you make sure your representation is conducted within the Rules of Professional Conduct?
• What ethical issues are presented by practicing remotely?
Earn 1.0 hour Legal Ethics California participatory MCLE credit
- CLE Credit Comments: Earn 1.0 hour Legal Ethics California participatory MCLE credit
Leigh SaldanaLos Angeles County Law Library213-785-2523