VSB Pro Bono Conference: Session Two: VA Free Legal Answers Best Practices
- 8:45 AM - 10:15 AM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Virginia State Bar, Virginia Poverty Law Center
Virtual EventMap:Richmond , VA
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
- Pro Bono
Session Two: VA Free Legal Answers Best Practices – CLE Ethics pending (90 minutes)
The 2020 VSB Pro Bono Conference will be held virtually in conjunction with the 40th Annual Statewide Legal Aid Conference that takes place October 20-23.
This year’s Statewide event theme is Breaking down systematic barriers that keep low-income Virginians in the cycle of poverty.
Presenters will train on various ethics topics associated with providing online and limited scope pro bono legal representation (competency, diligence, confidentiality, conflict of interest, unbundling legal services/limited-scope representation, etc.). Session will also highlight the importance of effective and compassionate communication strategies.
- Cris Gantz, Director, Access to Legal Services, Virginia State Bar
- Jim McCauley, Ethics Counsel, Virginia State Bar
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE sessions for attorneys and other legal aid professionals cover the most pressing changes and issues affecting the fight against poverty, as well as non-CLE sessions for professionals in management, administrative staff, community advocates, and others. The VSB programming is FREE and will feature two CLE sessions, including Ethics, and a panel discussion on Bias in the Legal Profession. Look for the 8:45 am sessions labeled as Virginia State Bar!