Unemployment, Disability & Sick Leave During COVID-19
- ALL DAY
- By: LA Law Library
VirtualMap:Los Angeles, CA
- Community Education/Outreach
This is a pre-recorded class that is available 24/7
If you or a loved one has been seriously affected by the COVID-19 crisis, including job loss or illness, California and federal law provide for important benefits to help you and your family. Take this class to learn about unemployment insurance, including new legislation passed in response to the COVID-19 crisis, as well as disability insurance, disability leave and sick leave under both new and established law.
· Unemployment insurance benefits: who is eligible, how much you get, and how long it takes to get it
· Expanded unemployment benefits for ‘gig’ workers, independent contractors, and others
· Disability insurance for illness or injury unrelated to your work
· Paid family leave under California law
· Paid sick leave for COVID-19 under federal law, and under the City of Los Angeles Supplemental Paid Sick Leave ordinance
Pinky Ghuman, Attorney, Ghuman Law Firm (https://ghumanlawfirm.com/).
LA Law Library