Sun Oct 25-
Sat Oct 31
- print friendly
Eviction Protections During COVID-19
- ALL DAY
- By: LA Law Library
VirtualMap:Los Angeles, CA
- Community Education/Outreach
This is a pre-recorded class that is available 24/7
When someone rents a home and is having trouble paying their landlord due to the effects of the COVID-19 crisis, it is important to know that there are emergency orders and rules that probably protect that tenant from eviction during the outbreak – although they do not grant long-term relief beyond the crisis. In this presentation, housing rights attorney Maria Hall explains how the new rules work, discusses the rights and duties of both landlords and tenants during the pandemic, and gives some tips on what to expect going forward.
· What to do if a tenant cannot pay rent due to the COVID-19 crisis
· Can a landlord evict someone while the emergency rules are in effect?
· When will the tenant have to pay back missed rent payments?
· Rights and duties of landlords during the crisis
· What to expect when the emergency rules are lifted
Maria Hall, Attorney at Law (https://www.mariaehall.co/)
LA Law Library