Housing Protections for Women and Domestic Violence Victims
- ALL DAY
- By: LA Law LIbrary
VirtualMap:Los Angeles, CA
- Domestic Violence
- Community Education/Outreach
This is a pre-recorded class that is available 24/7
Much of the brunt of California’s housing crisis has fallen upon women. According to the last homeless count, victims of domestic violence (majority female) and women generally are over-represented in the increase in the homeless population, and many more experience housing insecurity.
· How federal and state law protects against gender-based discrimination in housing
· Legal protections against sexual harassment by landlords or managers
· Rights of tenants who are victims of domestic violence, and landlords’ duties toward these tenants
· Where to report discrimination or harassment, and what to do about it
Mariah Lindsay, Staff Attorney, California Women’s Law Center (https://www.cwlc.org/).
LA Law Library