Sun Oct 25-
Sat Oct 31
- Download to calendar
- print friendly
Know Your Rights When Interacting With Police
- ALL DAY
- By: LA Law Library
LA Law LibraryMap:Los Angeles, CA
- Civil Rights
- Community Education/Outreach
This is a pre-recorded class that is available 24/7
Interactions with law enforcement can be intimidating and unsettling. This class covers how to make smart choices when interacting with the police. Includes tips for how to respond when talking to the police on the street, in your car and in your home. Covers civil rights and responsibilities of the police and public.
· Understanding the right to remain silent and consenting to a search
· Tips for how to handle being questioned
· Your rights in the event of an arrest
· How to make good decisions during a traffic stop
· What information to give an officer during a police stop
· Options when witnessing police interactions.
· And more!
Maria Hall, Attorney at Law (http://www.mariaehall.co/)
Markus McQueen, Attorney, The McQueen Firm (https://mcqueenfirm.com/)
Juan Carlos Moran, Attorney, Equal Justice Works ( https://www.equaljusticeworks.org/)
LA Law Library