Philadelphia Emergency Housing Protection Act and Eviction Diversion Program (Video Encore-Webcast)
- 10:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Philadelphia Bar Association
- Source: Pennsylvania > PA Pro Bono
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
The Philadelphia Bar Association will present a video encore webcast of a program entitled Philadelphia Emergency Housing Protection Act and Eviction Diversion Program on October 26, 2020 from 10:00 AM-12:15 PM Eastern.
This timely video-encore CLE program will prepare attendees to serve as volunteer mediators for Philadelphia’s new Eviction Diversion Program (EDP). The EDP provides an opportunity for landlords and tenants to participate in (free) mediation before an eviction complaint is filed, in cases where a tenant has been unable to pay rent due to a COVID-related financial hardship.
Panelists will address the following topics among others:
- Background on Evictions in Philadelphia
- Basics of Landlord-Tenant Law
- The Eviction Process, Step-by-Step
- New Legislation Affecting Evictions in Philadelphia, including:
- Emergency Housing Protection Act
- PA CARES Act
- CDC Eviction Moratorium
- The Eviction Diversion Program (EDP)
This program is best suited for individuals with some knowledge of or experience with mediation, but it is open to all.
Volunteer form will be included in the course materials. Please choose the appropriate registration option.
FREE ONLY to those who VOLUNTEER to Become a Mediator for the Eviction Diversion Program!
Login link and course materials will be provided electronically prior to the program.
- CLE Credit Comments:
2.0 SUB credits
Philadelphia Bar Association(215) 238-6300