Election Protection - National Remote Volunteer Hotline
- ALL DAY
- By: Dauphin County Bar Association, Election Protection Coalition, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Virtual EventMap:Statewide, PA
- Civil Rights
- Community Education/Outreach
- Recruitment Event
We need 1,200 lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and law students to remotely serve as Volunteer Captains for the Election Protection’s national voter hotline (1-866-OUR-VOTE).
The national, nonpartisan Election Protection coalition works year-round to ensure that
- all voters have an equal opportunity to vote and
- their vote counts.
The hotline is answered by remote trained legal volunteers daily who are supported by Captains through the hotline platform’s chat function.
- Who: Lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and law students
- What: Serve as Captains for the national voter hotline
- When: Now through November; sign up for specific shifts once trained
- How: Online platform; computer with internet plus headphones needed
- Training: Available on-demand (around 2 hours).
- Volunteer Code of Conduct: Volunteers must “virtually agree” to Code of Conduct located online.
- How to Volunteer: Please complete the form online. We will be in touch with next steps.
The Captain role is critical for the success of the national voter hotline and the future of our democracy. Please sign up to play this leadership role!
Dauphin County Bar Association