Tue Oct 27
- print friendly
Inequities in the Funding Gap
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Taproot Foundation, Greater Washington Community Foundation, American Express
Virtual EventMap:Statewide, MA
- Community Education/Outreach
- Training (non-CLE)
A webinar exploring how pro bono service can be used to help counterbalance the systemic inequities of traditional grant-making, with guest panelists from American Express and Greater Washington Community Foundation.
It’s widely understood that traditional grant funding falls short when it comes to covering nonprofits’ real operating costs. But recent discussions about the gap in funding are incomplete if they ignore the systemic inequities that compound this sector-wide under-funding, particularly for nonprofit leaders of color.
Lindsay Firestone Gruber (President & CEO, Taproot Foundation) and guests Richard Brown (Vice President, Philanthropy, American Express) and Dawn Leary (Senior Community Investment Officer, Greater Washington Community Foundation) will explore how pro bono can be used to help counterbalance these inequities by giving nonprofit leaders of color access to the kind of professional-grade services that can help their organizations thrive.
Attendees of this webinar will:
- Examine trends in philanthropy that perpetuate existing systemic inequities
- Build an understanding of how pro bono can change the trajectory of under-resourced organizations and leaders
- Explore examples of how foundations can offer open access to pro bono
- Learn from powerful stories of how nonprofit leaders have maximized pro bono.