Wed Oct 7
- Download to calendar
- print friendly
Ask A Lawyer in the Library [Anne Arundel County Public Law Library]
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Inc., Anne Arundel Pro Bono Committee, Anne Arundel Bar Association
Virtual EventMap:Statewide, MD
- Community Education/Outreach
Talk with a volunteer lawyer for at least 20 minutes about your civil, non-family legal problem for free!
Wednesdays: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
October 21: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
October 27: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Once you have signed up, you will be sent an intake sheet and instructions for meeting with the attorney.
Issues that may be addressed include:
- Debt and bankruptcy
- Landlord/Tenant questions
- Real estate
- Employment and wage claim issues
- Contracts, warranties and/or consumer disputes
- Wills, estate planning, probate, living wills
The attorney you meet with may not have expertise in the area of law you need. They will make every effort, through the resources in the library, to answer your questions correctly.
Family law issues are best addressed by the Family Law Self Help Center.
The Lawyer in the Law Library Program is a limited legal advice service and should not be considered a substitute for representation. If you need an attorney to represent you contact the Anne Arundel Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service or call 410-222-6859.
Preparation for your session:
- Write a list of specific questions for the attorney.
- Bring any paperwork and information related to the case.
- Organize any paperwork from most recent on the top to oldest at the bottom.
- Identify all deadlines.
- Prepare a timeline of the legal issue.
Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County410-222-1387