Fri Oct 2
- print friendly
Distance Litigation in the Era of COVID-19 (Free Webinar)
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Pennsylvania Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Section
- Source: Pennsylvania > PA Pro Bono
The Pennsylvania Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Section will present a free, non-CLE lunchtime presentation via webinar entitled Distance Litigation in the Era of COVID-19, on October 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
COVID-19 has changed litigation. Many courts in Pennsylvania have been holding hearings using Zoom and other video communication tools. Attorneys are holding depositions via Microsoft Teams, Zoom and similar tools. In addition, some counties have been holding trials using these tools while others are just getting started. During this free webinar, you will learn about the state of distance litigation in Pennsylvania.
- The different platforms being used for video across Pennsylvania
- How lawyers are managing depositions, including showing documents
- What you need to know about hearings and oral arguments
- How judges and lawyers are dealing with coaching and other inappropriate conduct
- What you can do to minimize the limitations of body language in video to compensate for the lack of non-verbal cues
Don’t miss this important event taught by premier litigators and judges and moderated by PBA President David Schwager.
Pennsylvania Bar Association