Virtual Veterans Task Force Field Hearing
- 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Legal Services Corporation, DLA Piper
WebinarMap:n/a, United States
- Source: National Disaster Legal Aid > National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center
On behalf of the Legal Services Corporation Board of Directors, I cordially invite you to attend a virtual Veterans Task Force Field Hearing on September 21 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm ET.
The Legal Services Corporation Board of Directors launched the Veterans Task Force this spring. The Task Force aims to:
· Raise awareness of the legal issues faced by veterans;
· Identify ways to strengthen the relationships between legal aid providers and other veteran-serving organizations, including the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, treatment courts, and veterans advocacy organizations;
· Highlight model programs that provide effective, integrated services to veterans and make recommendations for replicating or expanding those programs; and
· Recommend strategies for engaging attorneys to provide legal assistance on a pro bono basis.
DLA Piper is LSC’s pro bono partner on the project.
During this event, experts from veteran-serving organizations, servicemembers, and veteran clients will discuss How Coordinated Services Improve Outcomes for Veterans, Building Strong Community Networks, and Separating from the Military and the Policy Implications of “Bad Paper.” We are honored that U.S. Congressman Greg Steube of Florida’s 17th District will speak. I have attached and linked the program that contains more detail. I have also attached an appointment reminder that you can open and save to your calendar.
We very much hope that you will join us to learn about some of the civil legal issues that our veterans face and how we can better serve them. You can view the Field Hearing on LSC’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LegalServicesCorporation/. You do not need a Facebook account to watch live. If prompted to log in, simply click “not now.”
We welcome you to share this invitation broadly. If you have any questions, please email Karly Satkowiak at firstname.lastname@example.org.