Legal Services Corporation's Veterans Task Force Field Hearing
- 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Legal Services Corporation
- Source: Misc National Sites > ABA Military Pro Bono Project
The Legal Services Corporation Board of Directors launched the Veterans Task Force this spring, and will hold a virtual Veterans Task Force Field Hearing on September 21 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm ET. The Task Force aims to:
• Raise awareness of the legal issues faced by veterans;
• Identify ways to strengthen the relationships between legal aid providers and other veteran-serving organizations, including the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, treatment courts, and veterans advocacy organizations;
• Highlight model programs that provide effective, integrated services to veterans and make recommendations for replicating or expanding those programs; and
• Recommend strategies for engaging attorneys to provide legal assistance on a pro bono basis.
DLA Piper is LSC’s pro bono partner on the project.
During this event, experts from veteran-serving organizations, servicemembers, and veteran clients will discuss How Coordinated Services Improve Outcomes for Veterans, Building Strong Community Networks, and Separating from the Military and the Policy Implications of “Bad Paper.” U.S. Congressman Greg Steube of Florida’s 17th District will speak.
You can view the Field Hearing on LSC’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LegalServicesCorporation/. You do not need a Facebook account to watch live. If prompted to log in, simply click “not now.”
Please email Karly Satkowiak at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Attachment(s): Sept_21_Field_Hearing_-_Public_Program.pdf