Thu Sep 17
- CLE Credit
- print friendly
Civil Rights Symposium 2020
- 9:00 AM - 4:25 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Pennsylvania Bar Association, PBA Civil and Equal Rights Committee
- Civil Rights
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
Sponsored by the PBA Civil and Equal Rights Committee and featuring special guest Philadelphia District Attorney Lawrence Krasner.
OIN OUR PANEL OF EXPERTS AND DELVE INTO THE LATEST HOT TOPICS IN THE CIVIL RIGHTS ARENA!
We’ll kick off our morning with our annual overview of the most noteworthy cases and issues of the past year, and those to come. NEW THIS YEAR, the overview will include:
• Update on Significant Cases
• Update on Immigration Issues
• Marsy's Law and the Challenges Surrounding the Constitutional Ballot Question
• The 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment: When Women Won The Right to Vote - An Unfinished History
VOTING IN PENNSYLVANIA
You won't want to miss the afternoon session devoted to Voting in Pennsylvania with panels delving into the changes in Pennsylvania voting law under Act 77 of 2019 featuring the Hon. Kathryn Boockvar, Secretary of the Commonwealth of PA and what they will mean, the issues involving gerrymandering, and much more!
Dealing with attempts to interfere with the processing of a case from filing through judgment.
- CLE Credit Comments: Credits 5 substantive/ 1 ethic CLE
Pennsylvania Bar Association