Wed Aug 19
- print friendly
Free Webcast: Introduction to Trauma-Informed Lawyering
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Central Time (US & Canada)
- By: NCLER
WebinarMap:n/a, United States
- Source: National Disaster Legal Aid > National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center
- Pro Bono
A trauma-informed legal practice aims to reduce re-traumatization and recognize the role trauma plays in the lawyer-client relationship. Integrating trauma-informed practices provides lawyers with the opportunity to increase connections to their clients and improve advocacy. The prevalence of trauma among older adults and its impact on the attorneys assisting them implores legal services attorneys to adopt trauma-informed practices to strengthen the lawyer-client relationship and prevent secondary trauma. This webinar will explore the basics of trauma-informed lawyering and how any attorney can bring trauma-informed practices into their everyday work.
Presenter will share:
• An overview of what trauma and trauma-informed lawyering is and how it is beneficial to legal services attorneys serving older adults.
• Strategies for implementing trauma-informed practices.
• Ways to make your organization more trauma-informed.
Presenter: Vivianne Mbaku, Senior Staff Attorney, Justice in Aging
A link with access to captions will be shared through GoToWebinar’s chat box before the webcast start time.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of participants, computer audio will be the only option to listen to the presentation.
This webcast will be recorded & available on our website. The recording & training materials will also be emailed to all registrants within a few days after the training.