Civil Protection Order Representation
- 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Network for Victim Recovery of DC
Williams & Connolly LLP
- Domestic Violence
- Training (non-CLE)
Space is limited! Please register by Wednesday, October 30, 2019, at 11:59 pm. Questions? Contact Alex Scott, Pro Bono Coordinating Attorney, at email@example.com.
In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, please join us at Williams & Connolly LLP to learn the basics of representing survivors of sexual assault, stalking, or intimate partner violence who seek safety through a Civil Protection Order (CPO) in D.C. Superior Court. After this training, pro bono attorneys will be ready to co-counsel a CPO case with NVRDC!
Participants: This training is primarily designed for attorneys interested in volunteering for pro bono opportunities at NVRDC, but other colleagues are welcome to attend, space permitting!
Participants will gain an understanding of:
• The laws, rules, and procedures governing CPO proceedings,
• The dynamics and impacts of intimate partner violence, stalking, and sexual assault on survivors, and how these crimes might affect interactions with clients throughout the CPO process,
• Best practices for representing clients experiencing trauma, and
• NVRDC’s unique pro bono co-counseling model.
Following this training, pro bono attorneys will have the foundational knowledge necessary to co-counsel a CPO case with NVRDC – an opportunity to gain valuable and exciting in-court litigation experience while donating time and legal acumen to an important cause.
Lunch will be provided. Please relay dietary restrictions during registration.
Register by Wednesday, October 30
Network for Victim Recovery of DC