2019 Annual Statewide Legal Aid Conference - General Public
- 1:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Virginia Poverty Law Center
The Madison & Shenandoah Valley Conference Center
- Community Organization
- Awards and Recognition
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
- Training (non-CLE)
You are invited to the beautiful city of Harrisonburg, Virginia for the 2019 Annual Statewide Legal Aid Conference! This educational conference is hosted by Virginia Poverty Law Center and Virginia’s legal aid programs. This year’s event has plenty of CLE offerings for attorneys and other legal aid professionals, including non-CLE sessions for professionals in management, administrative staff, community advocates, and others. Speakers and experts from a vast range of professional backgrounds will share their broad and specialized expertise, experience, and knowledge!
This year’s conference will provide networking opportunities, including a Happy Hour welcome reception for conference attendees. The conference is open to those outside of Virginia’s legal aid community and commonly include attendees from the corporate and government sectors, as well as the military, nonprofit firms and community organizations.
Come and be a part of discussions on issues relating to poverty and other timely and current topics of interest. With more than 40 educational sessions (20+ CLE sessions, including ETHICS), conference attendees can tailor their learning experience to fit their needs.
Don't miss the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Pro Bono Awards dinner, hosted by the Virginia State Bar, on Wednesday, October 16th.
We look forward to seeing you in Harrisonburg this year!
• Earn your required yearly 12 CLE credits*
• Awards banquet, plus party & prizes
• Free Networking Reception!
• Includes 2.0 credit hours for Ethics
• Professional development sessions, covering management/leadership, administrative, and community topics.
* 12 CLE Credits (Ethics (2.0) will be offered based on approval from the MCLE Board of the Virginia State Bar.
Register now to guarantee your spot! Registration deadline for the conference is Friday, October 4.
Natasha EvansVirginia Poverty Law Center804-351-5261