Representing Children in Immigration Matters 2018: Effective Advocacy and Best Practices
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute - New York Center and Live Webcast
- Source: Misc National Sites
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
Attorneys and other advocates who represent children in immigration matters will learn about recent developments in law and policy with regard to important protections available to immigrant children, including Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) and asylum. Experienced faculty will examine problem-solving strategies for addressing common issues that arise in children's cases.
What You Will Learn
• Important factors in establishing eligibility for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)
• Elements for building a successful asylum case on behalf of a child
• Current administration policies that impact clients and their families
This program will offer more advanced strategies for anyone currently representing immigrant children, as well as provide a foundation for those newer to the practice area.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Newly admitted NY attorneys CAN earn ethics, professional practice, and law practice management credits CANNOT earn skills credits in this format. See exceptions for attorneys outside the US. Total Credits: 4.00 Professional Practice: 4.00
Cia de LawrencePractising Law Institute2128245705
- Website: www.pli.edu