D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center Child Custody Training: 2-Part Series (Part 2)
- 5:45 PM - 8:45 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Bread for the City-Northwest Site, Catholic Charities Legal Network of the Archdiocese of Washington
D.C. Bar Conference Center
- Source: Dist. of Columbia
- Family Law/Matrimonial
- Training (non-CLE)
There is a particularly pressing and unmet need for pro bono legal services in family law cases.
This training session is designed to equip attorneys with little or no experience in family law matters to competently and comfortably handle custody matters for pro bono clients. The training will focus primarily on child custody proceedings in the District of Columbia involving indigent or low-income families.
The Child Custody training will cover:
• What is Child Custody?
• Filing a Child Custody Case
• View from the Bench
• 3rd Party Child Custody Cases
• Domestic Violence
• Case Preparation
• Courtroom Proceedings
• No particular expertise is required to participate
• Appropriate for attorneys and attorney/paralegal teams (paralegals must attend with an attorney)
• In exchange for this training, attendees agrees to accept at least one family law pro bono case
• *PLEASE NOTE: This requirement is not applicable to D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center Advocacy & Justice Clinic participants*
Stanley AugustinD.C. Bar Pro Bono Center2027802738
- Website: bit.ly