Disaster Resiliency: Opportunities for Pro Bono Before and After Disaster Strikes
- 1:00 PM - 2:35 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: American Bar Association
- Source: National Disaster Legal Aid > National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
2017 was a record-setting year for disasters across the country. Learn about the most common legal issues that disaster survivors face and how attorneys and law students can get involved to provide much needed pro bono assistance, no matter where they are located.
Panelists will also discuss ways that attorneys can assist individuals and communities to prepare for disasters before they strike. Hear from industry experts about new and innovative ways that attorneys can provide pro bono assistance and readily available resources to assist in pro bono representation. Come away prepared to do your part to assist with disaster resiliency efforts across the country.
The ABA's incoming president, Robert M. Carlson, will introduce the program.
- CLE Credit Comments: 1.50 General CLE Credit Hours