Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2017 (Online Webcast)
- 9:00 AM - 11:10 AM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Source: Pennsylvania
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
- Pro Bono
As part of PLI’s commitment to public service and the pro bono activities of the legal community, there is no fee to attend this program.
Why You Should Attend
Using a lively, interactive format, will examine everyday issues of ethics and professional responsibility in pro bono and public interest practice.
What You Will Learn
- Within the context of pro bono representation, using “all-new” hypotheticals as the basis of discussion, this program will review issues concerning:
- Who is the client?
- Confidentiality, conflicts of interest and privilege
- Limited scope representation: how it works for firm and in-house counsel
- Representing clients with diminished capacity
Who Should Attend
All attorneys working in nonprofit organizations and legal service organizations, as well as those involved in pro bono practice in law firms and corporate legal departments.
- CLE Credit Comments:
Credit Status: Approved
Total Credits: 2.00
Attendance at this event is categorized as "distance learning" by the PA CLE Board. Under current rules, lawyers have the option of completing six (6) hours per compliance year of distance learning by participating in pre-approved, interactive, Internet or computer based CLE programs. More information on distance learning CLE credit.
Practising Law Institute
- Website: www.pli.edu