Free Bridge-the-Gap CLE, NYS Courts Access to Justice Program
- 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: NYS Courts Access to Justice Program
NYC Civil Court
- Source: New York
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
Recent law school graduates and newly admitted attorneys may fulfill their first or second year Mandatory CLE requirements through the NYS Courts Access to Justice Program’s FREE Bridge-the-Gap CLE*.
Bridge the gap between law school and the realities of practicing law through presentations
by experienced practitioners and a HANDS-ON 50 hour Pro Bono Practicum that will provide
participants with the opportunity to:
- gain client interviewing skills,
- represent clients in court,
- negotiate with opposing counsel, and
- argue before a judge.
Subject areas covered include:
- Uncontested Divorce
- Consumer Debt
- Landlord/Tenant Law
Audience: This course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys
* In return for 18 CLE credits and 10 pro bono CLE credits, participants are required to complete
a 50 hour pro bono practicum assisting litigants in NYC Housing, Civil and Supreme Courts within
6 months of training. (Newly admitted attorneys may use pro bono service credits on a carry-over
basis.) Service in this program also fulfills the 50 hour pro bono requirement for NY bar
admission if needed.
More Information: View the attached flyer.
Registration: Seating is limited and registration is required. To register, email Bridgegap@nycourts.gov or call 646 386 5425.
- CLE Credit Comments: 18 Total CLE Credits: 7 Professional Practice Credits, 8 Skills Credits, 3 Ethics Credits, NEW! Pro Bono Practicum (earn up to 10 additional pro bono service CLE credits)*
- Attachment(s): Announcement_Flyer-_Bridge_Gap_Nov_2016.pdf