Elder Abuse Prevention and Intervention: Spotting Issues in Your Legal Cases
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc.
Brooklyn Bar Association
- Source: New York
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
Please join us for an overview of the legal and policy issues affecting the older adult population and victims of elder abuse and mistreatment.
- Deirdre Lok, Esq., General Counsel at Weinsten Center for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
- Arlene Markarian, Esq., Bureau Chief, Elder Abuse Unit at Kings County District Attorney's Office
- Deborah Holt-Knight, Deputy Commissioner at Adult Protective Services
- William Flynn, Esq., Managing Attorney, Foreclosure Prevention Unit at Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project
This course is FREE to those who accept at least one pro bono Wills or other matter from the Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project before April 18, 2017. Experienced attorneys receive one additional CLE credit for every 120 minutes of eligible pro bono service. If you would like to pay $150 for the course instead of volunteering, please contact us.
- CLE Credit Comments: 2 CLE Credits: Professional Practice