Immigration Webinar for Defender and Civil Legal Aid Community
Tuesday October 08
- By: U.S. Department of Justice Access to Justice Initiative
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Online Webinar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
U.S. Department of Justice Access to Justice Initiative
- Website: attendee.gotowebinar.com
- Source: Pennsylvania
Description: The U.S. Department of Justice Access to Justice Initiative is pleased to share information with the legal services community about this free October 8th Immigration webinar. The webinar is geared toward issues that defenders and legal aid practitioners encounter in the immigration arena. Content will include a discussion of available federal resources and an overview of what notario fraud is and how to combat it. We encourage your office's participation to learn more about these important issues and what resources are available to help your clients.
This is the first of a series of webinar presentations geared at issues that defenders and legal aid practitioners encounter in the immigration arena.
Senior Counsel Jenni Katzman from the Department of Justice's Access to Justice Initiative will provide an overview of available federal resources to address immigration issues related to notario fraud. Two organizations that specialize in immigration law will also explain their missions and issues that they confront, such as notario fraud. The webinar will include an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on what types of immigration-related information would be most useful in any upcoming webinars.
Specifically, this webinar will include:
- An introduction of the mission of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC).
- A discussion of resources for you and your clients with an immigration case or considerations. This will include a general overview of federal resources available on line.
- An overview about what notario fraud is (common immigration related scams) and how to combat it.
- An opportunity for you to ask questions and to provide feedback on what types of immigration-related information would be most useful to you.
Venue: Free webinar. Tuesday, October 8, 2013, from 12:00 pm -1:00 pm Eastern.