Fri Oct 22
- CLE Credit
- print friendly
"Attorney for a Day" Program kickoff
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Albany County Bar Association, Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York (Albany Office)
Albany City Court
- Bar Association
- New Initiative Kick-Off
- Continuing Legal Education Program (CLE)
- Pro Bono Program/Legal Services Organization
A volunteer attorney will be available at Albany City Court to represent tenants being evicted from their apartments, on a first-come first-served basis. A representative from the Albany County Bar Association or the Legal Aid Society will also be present to assist with any questions that arise. The attorney will offer limited representation on the first appearance for qualified tenants. This is a unique program for our area, allowing the Albany County Bar Association and the Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York, to serve the numerous clients who are facing eviction.
- CLE Credit Comments: In anticipation of the program’s kick-off, a CLE training seminar will be held on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. in the Albany County Judicial Center. Attorneys interested in participating may contact Siobhan Blank at the ACBA at 518-445-7691 or Kristie Cinelli at Legal Aid at 518-689-6322. Registration information is also available at www.albanycoutnybar.com or www.lasnny.org.
Siobhan BlankAlbany County Bar Association518-445-7691, ext 13
- Website: www.albanycountybar.com