Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Civil Law Practice Area
Resources for pro bono and legal services attorneys, advocates, law students and others.
- 2014 Recent Developments in Poverty Law Presentations
- 2013 Annual Statewide Legal Aid Conference Materials
- 2014 Federal Poverty Guidelines
- A Discussion on Medicaid Expansion-Webinar by Jill Hanken
- Creative Advocacy Projects
There are a variety of ways to use this practice area to assist you in finding information which will allow you to better advocate for low-income Virginians.
Visit the Library
Join a Listserv
View the Calendar
Legal Services Corporation of Virginia
- 2014 LawHelp and probono.net Training Series: Mobile Delivery Strategies Using LawHelp, Jul 30
- Advanced Public Assistance and Food Stamp Eligibility 2014: Special Populations (Free Webcast)), Aug 1
- Effective Communication with the Legal Services Client (FREE), Aug 4 - Aug 08
- 2014 LawHelp and probono.net Training Series: Creating and Presenting Training and Essential Resources on your probono.net site, Aug 12
- Project Management for Lawyers, Aug 18
- View more
John Whitfield, executive director of Blue Ridge Legal Services, told Legal Aid's story to a national audience Oct. on "The Story," a radio show produced by American Public Media. The interview movingly describes the clients and staff of Legal Aid and the pressures that they are working under. To hear it, go here and click "listen now."