Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Civil Law Practice Area
Resources for pro bono and legal services attorneys, advocates, law students and others.
- 2013 Federal Poverty Guidelines
- A Discussion on Medicaid Expansion-Webinar by Jill Hanken
- Materials from the 2012 Statewide Legal Aid Conference can now be found by clicking here.
- Recent Developments in Poverty Law 2012 Presentations
- Mortgage Settlement Monitor Launches Complaint Reporting Tool
- Materials from the 2011 Statewide Legal Aid Conference can be found by clicking here.
- Creative Advocacy Projects
There are a variety of ways to use this practice area to assist you in finding information which will allow you to better advocate for low-income Virginians.
Visit the Library
Join a Listserv
View the Calendar
Legal Services Corporation of Virginia
- Virginia Coalition for the Prevention of Elder Abuse 20th Annual Conference , May 29 - May 31
- Recent Developments in Poverty Law Training 2013 , Jun 4
- Public Benefits Task Force Meeting , Jun 28
- 2013 Joint Conference on Adult Guardianship , Jul 25
- Public Benefits Task Force Meeting , Oct 4
- View more
John Whitfield, executive director of Blue Ridge Legal Services, told Legal Aid's story to a national audience Oct. on "The Story," a radio show produced by American Public Media. The interview movingly describes the clients and staff of Legal Aid and the pressures that they are working under. To hear it, go here and click "listen now."