JDC's Social Services Volunteer Opportunities
Welcome! If you are a social worker, LCSW, MFT, licensed psychologist or therapist, substance abuse counselor, MSW or MSW intern with supervision, volunteer opportunities with The Bar Association of San Francisco's Volunteer Legal Services Program are waiting for you.
Put Your Skills to Good Use.
Help Someone Break the Cycle of Poverty.
To volunteer, contact JDC's Volunteer Coordinator at 415.782.9000 x 8759 or
You can be instrumental in providing much needed social services to homeless, poor or low-income San Francisco families and individuals.
- Social Services Advocate
- Social Services Intake Worker
- Housing Advocate
Through JDC, all social services volunteers receive:
- Free CEU/CIMCE/MCEP accredited training: JDCoffers accredited trainings legal and social services issues throughout the year. The trainings are free to current volunteers and new volunteers in exchange for a volunteer commitment. Trainings offer an opportunity to develop new areas of expertise as well as interact with experienced professionals in the field.
- Comprehensive training manuals
- Mentoring opportunities: Staff and highly experienced volunteers are available to act as mentors to volunteers while they are working with a client.
- Access to all probono.net resources in their practice area
What is JDC?
The Justice & Diversity Center (JDC) is a nonprofit program of The Bar Association of San Francisco, created to provide pro bono legal and related social services to low-individuals and families in San Francisco. We do this primarily through the use of volunteers.