Seventh Annual Family Law Training Series--The Basics
Wednesday, October 03
Thursday, October 18
- By: Alameda County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Corporation *
- Time: 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Alameda County Bar Association70 Washington Street, Suite 200Oakland, CAMap: maps.google.com
Elizabeth HomAlameda County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Corporation510-302-2216
- Website: www.acbanet.org
Taught by the local bench and bar, this basic training takes a family law case from initial client intake through judgment.
Participants must attend all six sessions and commit to taking two pro bono family law cases following the training. The training is offered for free in exchange for your commitment to take two pro bono cases, but there is a $100 materials fee.
Family Law Overview: Getting Started/Initial Dissolution Pleadings, Working with Low-Income Clients, and Domestic Violence (DV) 101.
The Nuts and Bolts of Motions and Hearing Practice and Domestic Violence (DV) Restraining Orders
Children's Issues: Custody and Visitation
Property Issues: Characterization, Discovery and Distribution
Support: Child, Spousal and Family; Attorneys Fees
Finishing a Dissolution: Case Management - Settlements and Trials and Getting it Done: Judgments (Default, Uncontested and Contested)
- CLE Credit Comments: 2 hours of MCLE credit per session (12 total), including 1 hour of legal ethics MCLE credit. Register by submitting a completed MCLE Registration Form and materials fee ($100) to Managing Attorney Elizabeth Hom at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 510-452-2224. Your registration must be confirmed by VLSC Managing Attorney Elizabeth Hom to be considered valid. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com, or call 510-302-2216.
- Attachment(s): VLCSFamilyLawTrainingRegForm.pdf
- Download this to your calendar