To Volunteer, Contact:
Stefanie Fleischer Seldin, Managing Attorney215-523-9550
42 South 15th Street4th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19102
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 215-523-9550
- Fax: 215-564-0845
- Website: http://www.philadelphialawworks.org/Volunteer.htm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Philadelphia LawWorks is a community economic development project that serves Philadelphia communities. By helping nonprofits small businesses, and homeowners, LawWorks provides Philadelphia residents with the tools they need to revitalize their communities.
LawWorks also provides an invaluable "work and learn" environment for law students. Volunteer students will have direct interaction with clients and volunteer attorneys. Also, Students will gain exposure to numerous areas of business law, and will learn how they can use their knowledge to give to local communities.
To volunteer follow the "Website" link above to obtain a volunteer application form.
- County of Volunteer Opportunity: Philadelphia
- Area of law: Community Development, Housing
- Populations Served: Nonprofit Organizations and Community Groups; Small Businesses; Low-Income Homeowners
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / supervision comments: Experienced LawWorks volunteer attorneys provide training and education to other attorneys. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys to learn from an expert, and to find out how they can put their knowledge to good use through pro bono work. CLE credits are often available at LawWorks training sessions.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No