Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact:
Natalie Suna(718) 624-3894
123 Remsen StreetBrooklyn, NY 11201Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (718) 624-3894
- Fax: (718) 624-3926
- Website: http://www.brooklynvlp.org
- Email: email@example.com
The Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing civil legal assistance to those Brooklyn residents who need it most. One of the only legal services organizations that operates borough-wide in Brooklyn, the VLP recruits, trains and supports volunteer attorneys from the private bar and matches them up with programs designed to meet critical legal needs in our community.
- County of Volunteer Opportunity: Kings (Brooklyn)
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, HIV/AIDS, Housing
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, HIV, Low Income, Persons with Disabilities, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / supervision comments: An individual attending a CLE training may attend at no cost if the attendee agrees to accept pro bono referrals within six (6) months of attending the training.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: The Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc. is an accredited Pro Bono CLE provider. Volunteer attorneys may earn one (1) CLE credit for every six (6) hours donated. A maximum of six (6) CLE credits may be earned in a given year.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Project Types: Family Law (Child support, custody, visitation, Uncontested Divorce), 17A Guardianship (Guardianship of mentally retarded or developmentally disabled adults), Foreclosure Intervention, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No