Southeast Louisiana Legal Services' North Shore Pro Bono Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
Cynthia Bordonaro(985) 893-0076 x19
P.O. Drawer 2330Covington, LA 70434Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (985) 893-0076 x19
- Fax: (985) 893-6774
- Website: http://www.slls.org/RTF1.cfm?pagename=St.%20Tammany%20Pro%20Bono
The purpose of Southeast Louisiana Legal Services' North Shore Pro Bono Project is to provide free legal services in various civil matters to low-income residents of both St. Tammany and Washington Parishes who qualify.
Whether you are a seasoned attorney actively engaged in the practice of law, a newly admitted or young lawyer interested in gaining experience, or a retired attorney looking to stay involved, volunteering provides a rewarding opportunity to serve the poor and improve the general welfare of our community.
You can volunteer to be a pro bono lawyer, to be a pro bono curator, or to be a pro bono attorney mentor to another volunteer lawyer.
- Counties of Volunteer Opportunity: Saint Tammany, Washington
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, Housing, Life Planning, Taxes
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No