Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.
- To Volunteer, Contact:
Cindy Goble email@example.com or 800-421-1641
2915 North Classen BoulevardSuite 500Oklahoma City, OK 73106
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 405-557-0020
- Fax: 405-524-1257
- Website: http://www.legalaidok.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma is:
-a non-profit law firm
-serving low-income and elderly Oklahomans
-who have civil (not criminal) legal problems.
Legal Aid serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma, with 20 offices throughout the state. Legal Aid has lawyers assigned to each county in Oklahoma.
Eligibility for legal assistance is based on certain income guidelines and is dependant on the priorities of each office.
Legal Aid seeks to ensure basic needs for clients, especially those involving:
-Freedom from harm and violence
-Access to housing
-Freedom from hunger
-Access to health care
-Income maintenance for survival.
We help with civil legal problems such as divorce, child support, debt collections, bankruptcy, eviction and, social security disability.
Legal Aid provides legal advice to Senior (60+) regardless of income Title III Older Americans grants through the Oklahoma Area Agencies on Aging.
Sign up for Legal Aid's Pro Bono program by joining the Advocate Resource Center at http://www.probono.net/ok/civillaw/
Click JOIN THIS AREA - Be sure to mark Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma as your pro bono panel affiliation!
No time to take a case?
You can help out in lots of different ways!
Help at one of our free clinic sites
Advise clients on the phone
Advise Seniors on the phone (Sixty Plus Legal Aid Seniors HelplineHelp us with fundraising
Write or review educational materials for the public
Speak to client groupsSpeak to lawyers at a CLE seminar
Contact one of the statewide Pro Bono Coordinators:
OKC --- Cindy Goble 405-488-6823
Tulsa --- Karen Langdon 918-295-9422
HIV/AIDS Legal Resource Project ---
Craig Reffner 405-488-6779
Please support Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, contribute online here
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: Oklahoma
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, HIV, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Native Americans, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Projects For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Chinese, Russian, Signers for the deaf, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice Insurance for Volunteer Lawyers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / supervision comments: Several trainings are held each year across the state. Training materials are available in this website's password protected practice area, the Advocate Resource Center.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- CLE pro bono comments: Legal Aid holds FREE CLE trainings around the state at no cost to volunteer attorneys every year.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Client intake and screening, Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Hotline staffing, Legislative or policy advocacy, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Translate legal documents
- Long distance opportunities: Conduct Research, Draft or Translate Legal Documents, Mentor Volunteer Lawyers
- Other Long Distance Opportunities: write or edit legal information materials; fundraising,
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes