ABA Military Pro Bono Project
- To Volunteer, Contact:
321 N. Clark St.Chicago, IL 60659Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 312-988-5783
- Website: http://www.militaryprobono.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Military Pro Bono Project is a joint venture of the ABA Standing Committee on Legal Assistance for Military Personnel (LAMP) and the ABA Section of Litigation, with assistance from the ABA Center for Pro Bono.
Unlike several legal service programs that have surfaced to assist veterans, the Military Pro Bono Project is uniquely focused on provision of pro bono services to active-duty servicemembers, many of whom remain deployed to areas of conflict. The American Bar Association's Military Pro Bono Project connects active-duty military personnel to free legal assistance for civil legal issues beyond the scope of services provided by a military legal assistance office.
Register your firm at the Project website, www.militaryprobono.org, to be contacted about pro bono volunteer opportunities on behalf of active-duty servicemembers in the substantive legal areas you have specified. Visit www.militaryprobono.org for further information on the Project.
Joining the Consultation Center gives you the opportunity to help our servicemembers with a very small time commitment. By participating in the Center, you agree to potentially participate in short attorney-to-attorney phone conversations or emails with military legal assistance attorneys, who will find your contact information and areas of expertise on a password-secured list on our website made available to only military attorneys.
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: Oklahoma
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Housing, Veterans
- Populations Served: Military/Veterans, Active-duty Servicemembers
- Projects For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice Insurance for Volunteer Lawyers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Long distance opportunities: Mentor Volunteer Lawyers
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes