Resources for pro bono and legal services lawyers, advocates, legal professionals and law students to assist in your representation of low-income or disadvantaged clients.
Legal Aid has upcoming live & video replay CLE's all around Oklahoma!
What's Here for Lawyers?
- ... a place to volunteer? Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
- ... materials to help you with a pro bono client? Library
- ... review cases waiting for a volunteer New Cases Tool
- ... other pro bono advocates? Roster
- ... listserv or discussion group access to other advocates working on similar issues? Groups/Listservs
Poverty in Oklahoma is at a 10-year high according to the US Census Bureau estimates released in December 2011.
Mapped: An Overview of Poverty in Oklahoma has a compilation of maps by county.
For those who have not experienced poverty, please watch this brief video that takes you through budgeting for a family of four living at the federal poverty level. (video)
Could you live on a very low income? Take the challenge. Can you manage your resources living at the poverty level? (video)
This is not a free legal advice resource. If you need a lawyer or legal information, please visit www.oklaw.org.
For complete access to the Advocate Resource Center (password protected Library and more), fill out the simple on-line for to indicate your pro bono affiliation.
Take our quick online survey!
Help build the library by submitting resources.
Looking for more resources? Check out the ABA's Pro Bono and Public Service Resources.
- Dec 16: Law Practice Montage Seminar
- Dec 16: Troubleshooting Mortgage Servicing Problems: Regulatory Responses and Advocacy Approaches
- Dec 17: Hot Topics in the World Today Seminar - Stillwater
- Dec 18: Help for Struggling Borrowers: A Step-By-Step Guide to the new CFPB Mortgage Servicing Rules
- Dec 20: Law Practice Montage Seminar - Video Replay Poteau