FTC Identity Theft/Consumer Protection
Wednesday July 10 , 2013
- By: U.S. Department of Justice Access to Justice Initiative
- Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Webinar (Live)Map: maps.google.com
U.S. Department of Justice Access to Justice Initiative
The U.S. Department of Justice Access to Justice Initiative invites you to a free webinar presented by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for the legal services community. This webinar will share information on identity theft, as well as consumer protection resources to help your clients.
The webinar will cover:
- An overview of identity theft
- How legal aid and legal services attorneys can assist their clients who are victims of identity theft
- How to use the FTC's free Guide for Assisting Identity Theft Victims
- Where to find - and how to use - consumer protection resources created specifically for your clients
- What the FTC, and the Bureau of Consumer Protection, does and how that work and resources can help you in the legal services community help your clients.
The webinar is hosted by the U.S. Department of Justice Access to Justice Initiative, and the presenters are from the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection - Division of Marketing Practices, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, and the Division of Consumer and Business Education.
Log-in and call-in information will follow. Check back!