Ethical Issues in Representing Elderly Clients
Tuesday April 30 , 2013
- By: Oklahoma Bar Association
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Central Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Webinar (Live)Map: maps.google.com
Oklahoma Bar Association877-880-1335
- Website: www.legalspan.com
If you represent or work with elderly clients, join the OBA for this webinar presentation.
This program will provide you with a practical guide to ethical duties in representing or working with the elderly, including conflict, confidentiality and capacity issues.
• Conflicts - representing couples or multiple members of a family
• Confidentiality - safeguarding health care and other information, and making reasonable disclosures to protect clients
• Capacity - understanding whether a client is competent to make decisions and what do if they are not
• Gifts - when and how can lawyers except gifts from clients
• Payment - what are your duties if someone else pays for the representation?
• Abuse - spotting mistreatment and reporting issues
- CLE Credit Comments: Approved MCLE credit(s): 1.0 Total MCLE; all of which may be applied towards Ethics