Introduction to Immigration Consequences of Crimes
Thursday, October 11
- By: Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Time Zone: Central Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Webinar (Live)Map: maps.google.com
Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
- Website: www.cliniclegal.org
This is a six week E-Learning Course beginning October 11th and ending on November 29th .
This course will provide an overview of how to determine whether your client's criminal record will have immigration consequences, including exposure to removal or ineligibility for a particular benefit under immigration law.
Instructors Sarah Bronstein and Susan Schreiber will cover:
- analyzing the immigration consequences of crimes including differentiating between inadmissibility and deportability
- statutory definitions of conviction and sentence; and exceptions to crime-based inadmissibility
- techniques for screening clients to uncover criminal issues, and how to gather and read criminal records
Register by clicking here.
- CLE Credit Comments: Check with the MCLE Commission to determine approved course CLE credit.