How To Get Involved
Are you looking for a lawyer?
ProBono.Net/OK is a lawyer-to-lawyer network. We do not provide a referral information directly for people looking to find a lawyer.
If you need to find a lawyer, please visit http://www.oklaw.org.
If you are in need of an attorney but cannot afford to hire one, you can find the location of Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma office serving your county at the Legal Aid web site www.legalaidok.org
You may also try looking contacting the Oklahoma Bar Association's web site (www.okbar.org) for the Find A Lawyer program or a phone number for your local county bar association.
While some referral services offer low-fee options, most of the attorneys will expect to be paid their usual fees.
Are you a private practitioner?
If you are affiliated with a pro bono panel in Oklahoma, you can join the Oklahoma Civil Law Practice area called the Advocate Resource Center, or one of the National or other state practice areas. Just go back to the home page, click on the practice area on the left, and then click on the Join This Area link and submit the information requested. Within a day, you will get a password and can start participating fully in the practice area.
Are you a law firm?
There are a number of ways for you to support ProBono.Net/OK.
- You can get your lawyers to join practice areas and use it as a resource. You could easily use ProBono.Net/OK as the primary way for your lawyers to find opportunities and training for their work.
- You can provide financial support. If you are interested in making a contribution, please contact us at email@example.com.
Are you a legal service provider or public interest law group?
There are a number of ways to get involved.
- Post your organization's information on the "Pro Bono Opportunities Guide" so that volunteer lawyers can find out about your needs.
- Your staff can join a practice area and get involved. Having the expertise of the legal service community is critical to building an effective online community of public interest lawyers.
- You might be interested in placing cases for volunteer lawyers in the Advocate Resource Center. In this situation, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these issues.
- You might be interested in constructing a new practice area for your organization or community. If so, contact email@example.com! We are looking to provide this service to new groups and legal communities across Oklahoma.
Are you a pro bono referral organization or community organization with a volunteer lawyer project? You might be interested in working with ProBono.Net/OK to take advantage of the resources this site can have for your organization and its volunteer lawyers. If so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org! We want to make these resources available to new groups and legal communities across Oklahoma.
Are you a law school clinic or law student? We welcome your involvement in any of our practice areas. We look forward to having the resources and expertise of law schools added to our community. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in discussing such a collaboration.