Special Immigrant Juvenile Status Training
Thursday April 04 , 2013
- By: The Legal Aid Society, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Latham & Watkins LLP885 Third AvenueNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Learn how to help obtain lawful immigration status for undocumented NY youth who have suffered from abuse, abandonment, or neglect. The training will focus on Special Immigrant Juvenile Status ("SIJS"), providing an overview of the laws and institutions involved in SIJS, and guidance for pro bono lawyers working with undocumented youth.
Faculty Chair: Cristina Romero, Esq., Civil Practice
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.