Legal Services of the Hudson Valley Pro Bono Coordinator Job Opening
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Organization: Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley handles more than 12,000 civil cases each year, assisting those who would not normally be able to afford legal protection and assistance. It is seeking a Pro Bono Coordinator in its White Plains office. The Coordinator must be an attorney, admitted in New York State, who is interested in administrative duties. The position does not involve the daily practice of law.
The position is responsible for:
- Developing programs to increase Pro Bono activities in the 7 counties of the organization’s service area;
- Coordinating case referrals to volunteer attorneys and following case progress;
- Tracking and reporting on programs and completed cases.
- Interviewing and screening clients for eligibility and substance;
- Comfortably interacting with members of the private bar, public service attorneys, judges, the Courts and clients.
- Public presentations on occasion.
- 2-5 years practice experience, preferably in the area of family law, consumer issues or general practice matters;
- Spanish-speaker a plus;
- Some travel and night-time meetings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to coordinate collaborative projects;
- Demonstrated ability and strong interest in using technology to support innovative approaches to service delivery.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with ability to multitask, establish priorities and achieve results.
Location: White Plains
Compensation: $55,000-$60,000, DOE.
This is at a non-profit organization.
If this is of interest to you, please send a cover letter and resume directly to:
Carol S. Neiditch, Esq.
Director of Pro Bono Affairs Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
90 Maple Avenue White Plains, NY 10601
Fax: (914) 949-6213