Disaster Legal Services
Video Part 1: Providing Pro Bono Disaster-Related Assistance (Nov 2012)
- Organization: Brooklyn Volunteer Lawyers Project, Brooklyn Legal Services
- Author: at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Document Type: Program materials
- Date: Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project and Brooklyn Legal Services presented a city-wide training for attorneys and law students interested in providing pro bono disaster-related assistance.
- An overview of FEMA and other disaster relief programs.
- Accessing new and continuation benefits, including SNAP, public assistance and disaster unemployment.
- An overview of housing issues and advocacy in the aftermath of Sandy.
Trainers: Catherine Bowman and Pavita Krishnaswamy, Brooklyn Legal Services
Please note that this program is not being offered for CLE credit.
- Pro Bono