Disaster Legal Services
Video: Disaster Assistance Training for Pro Bono Lawyers Assisting Individuals and Families (Nov 2012)
- Organization: City Bar Justice Center, Legal Services NYC, The Legal Aid Society, and City Bar Committee on Pro Bono and Legal Services
- Author: Mae Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Document Type: Training materials
- Creation Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
- Submitted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
The City Bar Justice Center, Legal Services NYC, The Legal Aid Society, and the City Bar Committee on Pro Bono and Legal Services co-sponsored a training for attorneys interested in volunteering to provide legal assistance to New York City residents adversely affected by Tropical Storm Sandy.
The training prepares volunteer lawyers to participate in disaster assistance clinics and other opportunities to provide legal counseling to affected communities. It covers FEMA, Insurance, Disaster Unemployment Assistance, Food Stamps, Housing and Landlord & Tenant, Replacement of Documents, Hotline Resources and other issues.
To view the manual associated with this webinar, please click here.
- Public Benefits