Personal Bankruptcy Free Training for Pro Bono Volunteers
Wednesday, March 19
- By: Queens Academy of Law, Queens County Bar Association / Queens Volunteer Lawyers' Project Inc. (QVLP)
- Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Queens County Bar Association90-35 148th StreetJamaica, NYMap: maps.google.com
Mark WelikyQueens Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc.718 291-4500 ext. 225
- Website: www.QCBA.org
This free program is only for volunteers who agree to a pro bono service commitment to represent two applicants for the filing of a Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy through the Queens Volunteer Lawyers Project. Volunteers must be attorneys admitted and in good standing in New York State. Scheduled presenters are John McManus, Director, Pro Bono Consumer Bankruptcy Project, City Bar Justice Center and Sheldon Barasch, Supervising Attorney, Municipal Employees Legal Services, District Council 37. Refreshments served prior to the seminar at 5 p.m. Free parking available.
Please fill out attached registration form and submit as indicated to attend this seminar. Email all questions to Mark Weliky at MWeliky@QCBA.org.
- John McManus - Director, Pro Bono Consumer Bankruptcy Project, City Bar Justice Center
- Sheldon Barasch - Supervising Attorney, District Council 37
- CLE Credit Comments: 3 credits in professional practice. Transitional Credit - valid for all attorneys. Pro Bono Service and seminar CLE credits awarded upon completion of pro bono commitment.
- Attachment(s): Bankruptcy Training Flyer - 3-19-14.pdf