Employment Law Institute
Tuesday, October 22
- By: PLI
- Time: 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
PLI New York Center810 7th Avenue21st FloorNew York City and Webinar, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
Our annual Employment Law Institute combines a comprehensive review of case law and regulatory developments, an in-depth analysis of emerging issues, and best practices to maximize employment law compliance, mitigate legal risk and achieve business objectives. The faculty is comprised of nationally recognized management and plaintiffs' attorneys, members of the judiciary, in-house counsel and government enforcement agency officials who share their perspectives, insights and experiences.
What you will learn
- The Year in Review: the important federal and state case law and regulatory developments, including the latest guidance on arbitration and class actions
- EEOC and DOL's current focus - hear from the source about current priorities
- Settlement issues in wage and hour class/collective actions
- Recent developments under the ADA/ADAAA, including an all new panel on employer assessments and accommodation of mental disorders
- Managing leaves of absence: FMLA, ADA, Workers' Compensation and other types of leave
- NLRB current controversies and labor law in union and nonunion workplaces
- The virtual workplace: risks and opportunities
- Social media and privacy in the workplace
- Retaliation and whistleblower claims, including insight into the non-retaliation provisions of the Affordable Care Act
- Views from the bench - litigating employment law cases
Who should attend
This program is designed for private practitioners, in-house counsel, and human resources and other business professionals who seek an in-depth analysis and discussion of often subtle and rapidly evolving issues arising in employment law.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 260-4PLI.
PLI Can Arrange Group Viewing to Your Firm
Contact the Groupcasts Department via email at email@example.com for more details.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.
- CLE Credit Comments: 14.oo Professional Practice; 1.00 Ethics