Insurance Law Seminar: Helping Flood Victims with Insurance Claims
Friday July 19
- By: Touro Law Center
- Time: 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Touro Law Center225 Eastview DrCentral Islip, NYMap: maps.google.com
Charity RodriguezTouro Law Center(631) 761-7000
Touro Law Center will be hosting a Helping Flood Victims with Insurance Claims seminar on Friday, July 19. It is designed for nonprofits throughout New York and New Jersey helping victims of Superstorm Sandy or the Mohawk Valley flooding. It is for nonlawyers and lawyers alike in nonprofits providing Sandy relief and assistance. State, county and local officials, legislators, academics, and law students are also welcome.
One central goal is to provide information to the public interest community and relief organizations about the upcoming and critical "proof of loss" deadline for victims with flood insurance claims. Presenters will provide important tips on helping victims who have not been paid the insurance money that they are owed.
The program will be held in Touro Law Center's auditorium free of charge, with a $25 fee which may be paid at the door if you would like to receive CLE credit. We anticipate the program will be eligible for up to 4 hours of NY professional practice CLE credit.
There will be a welcome reception with a continental breakfast from 9:30 to 10:00 am. The opening panel will begin at 10:00 am and will discuss FEMA flood maps and elevation requirements, with important information about insuring against future disasters. After this panel, the majority of the seminar will discuss the proof of loss requirement, other important deadlines, and maximizing victims' insurance claims. It will run until approximately 2:00 pm.
We are pleased to announce the following speakers:
- Jonathan Wilkofsky, Esq., founding and managing partner, Wilkofsky, Friedman, Karel & Cummins, and Executive Director of the New York and New Jersey Public Adjusters Associations
- Scott Agulnick, Esq., founding partner, Greenblatt & Agulnick, PC
Flood insurance brokerage:
- Scott Primiano, Founder, CCI Advocates, Inc.
Public adjusters and expert building consultants:
- Craig Kugler, President, Claims Specialists, Inc.
- Andy Baker, CEO, Northern Home Improvement, Inc.
- Alex Cruz, Vice President, 411 Claims
- CLE Credit Comments: 4 Professional Practice Credits