Basic Immigration Law 2013
Thursday, March 14
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
This program will explain the basic concepts of U.S. immigration law and procedure, and reflect current developments and trends, including developments relating to the new prosecutorial discretion policies. You will receive a course handbook with articles by leading practitioners and sample documents and forms to assist you in your practice.
What you will learn
• An overview of U.S. immigration law, including current developments and trends
• The difference between nonimmigrant (temporary) and immigrant (permanent/green card) visas
• Employment-related visas and work authorization
• Family-sponsored visas
• Asylum and immigration benefits for crime victims
• Removal proceedings against immigrants
• Judicial review of immigration cases
• Protecting an employer from sanctions
• Unique ethical issues in immigration practice
Who should attend
This program will be extremely useful to attorneys who are new to immigration practice as well as for those who need a refresher on immigration law or are involved in immigration policy. It will also be useful for attorneys in other practice areas who need to become familiar with immigration law in order to work with immigration counsel or undertake representation on their own.
Cost: $595 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes outside of US Total Credits: 7.50 Ethics: 0.50 Professional Practice: 7.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 7.50 General: 7.50 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 2013.pdf
- Download this to your calendar