25th Annual Elder Law Institute
Wednesday April 17 , 2013
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
The 25th Annual Elder Law Institute presents current legal topics that are of importance to your older clients, and all your younger clients with aging parents. Many of the subjects covered this year focus on planning for incapacity, paying for health care, and maintaining the legal autonomy and dignity of your aging clients. The subject of elder law is becoming a part of every practice - we cannot stop the aging process, nor the reality that we live longer and that the problems and programs that the elderly rely on become more complex.
What you will learn
• New developments in the elder law field, including a review of new legislation
• The Health Care Reform Act and how it impacts on elder law
• Basic introduction to the nuts and bolts of Medicaid eligibility
• Major changes in the delivery of Medicaid home care services under the newly expanded Medicaid Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) program
• Ethics in elder law - understanding the unique ethical boundaries when dealing with older clients and their families
Who should attend
The 25th Annual Elder Law Institute is geared to general practitioners and elder law attorneys who are just starting out, or experienced elder law attorneys who would like to review the subjects covered. This year will highlight the current changes in the field, as well as some traditional subjects that are relevant to the current economic pressures that our aging clients are confronting due to the economic downturn.
Cost: $495 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.00 Ethics: 1.00 Professional Practice: 6.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 7.20 Ethics: 1.20 General: 6.00 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.