Appellate Advocacy 2013
Wednesday March 20 , 2013
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institutelmckenzie@pli.edu212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
Appellate Advocacy will give you real-world insight into effective appellate advocacy. You will learn about all aspects of the appellate process, from things to do (and not to do) in the trial court, to strategies and techniques for persuasive brief writing and oral argument, to the rehearing and certiorari processes. You will also hear the "View from the Bench" - what judges find persuasive and effective.
What you will learn
• Strategic choices ,and common issues to watch for, in the trial court
• How to be an effective advocate - both in brief writing and in oral argument
• The rehearing and certiorari process
• The View from the Bench: effective appellate advocacy from the judicial perspective
Who should attend
This program will be of interest to attorneys who need to learn basic techniques of appellate litigation, experienced practitioners who would like to improve their skills in appellate advocacy, and in-house counsel who want to be able to better manage appellate litigation handled by outside counsel.
Cost: $695 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 4.50 Skills: 2.00 Professional Practice: 2.50 CLE-NJ Credits Total Credits: 4.50 General: 4.50 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- Attachment(s): Scholarship Application 2013.pdf